TDS® managedIP Hosted
A phone system is an essential part of your business. And most often, it’s the first interaction customers have with your business. To accurately calculate your return on this most important investment, you need to understand all the costs associated with it. With the technology improvements and addition of VoIP solutions, this can be difficult to do. But, TDS will make it easier for you.
The ROI Equation*—Let’s illustrate a basic ROI example.
To reduce their local and long distance costs, XYZ Corp wants to switch to a Hosted VoIP system. XYZ Corp can accommodate the change with its existing networking infrastructure. They have 20 employees (seats), 20 phone lines, and a T-1 data connection already installed. The two VoIP comparisons below are:
- IP PBX phone system: the equipment resides at XYZ’s location
- Hosted VoIP system: the equipment resides in the service provider’s data center
|Upfront Hardware & Phones
||$1,500.00 per year
||$500.00 per year
|Employee Costs (managing system)
||$10,000.00 per year
|Primary Rate Interface (PRI)
||$4,000.00 per year
|Long Distance Charges
||$2,400.00 per year
||$1,200.00 per year
||$1,000.00 per year
|TOTAL FIVE YEAR COST
Cost savings over a 5-year contract is $46,000
(With nearly 50% of the savings in the first year of the contract at $21,200 and $6,200/year the remaining 4 years)
Your system should provide critical cost savings and practical business advantages. TDS is committed to providing the right solution for your business. And, we will help you evaluate all costs so your business can achieve a return on investment!
- Maintenance and Upgrades—are there costs for additional maintenance and upgrade fees so your business can maintain functionality and stay competitive? Are there additional fees for server and operating system maintenance?
- Capacity—Are there additional costs if your business grows?
- Licensing—Are there licensing costs associated with IP functionality for the system and/or handsets?
- Expense—Does the solution require an upfront capital purchase or is it a monthly fee?
- Data Switched Network—is the best-in-class data switching gear included along with the maintenance and configuration of the equipment?
- Trunking—Are there any impacts with call set up and call routing within the IP PBX at the customer’s site versus a Hosted VoIP Solution? Will my customers receive a busy signal with either option?
- Disaster Redirect—In the event of a power interruption or a cut circuit, will the system re-route incoming calls to a cell phone, voice mail, or remote location?